Instructions & FAQs > Colleges Previously and Currently Attended

List ALL accredited undergraduate, graduate, and professional institutions you have attended or plan to attend through the completion of the summer 2013 term. Enter all colleges and universities you attended EVEN IF THE COURSES ARE NOT REQUIRED FOR ADMISSION OR TRANSFERRED TO ANOTHER INSTITUTION. You must include non-degree programs (e.g., summer school) and foreign institutions attended. Enter each institution only once, regardless of the number of degrees earned or gaps in the dates of attendance.


Arrange for PharmCAS to receive a separate official transcript from every U.S. institution you attended, including University Extension. Click here for Printing Transcript Request Forms. All transcripts must arrive in the PharmCAS office by the application deadline set by your designated pharmacy schools. PharmCAS does not enforce transcript deadlines and will forward your completed file to your designated pharmacy schools even if your transcripts arrive late. Your designated pharmacy schools may not consider your application for admission if PharmCAS receives your transcripts after the deadline.


Name of College or University
  • Click the word “here” to select colleges from the list
  • Select the state and click on the name of the institution. If your college or university is not found, search under alternate names. List regionally accredited institutions only. Do not use college code 000000, unless instructed by PharmCAS.
  • If you attended a foreign institution, select code 555555-Non-US (Foreign) Institution. Read the PharmCAS School Pages for instructions related to the submission of foreign coursework.
Enter Name of Non-U.S. Institution, if applicable
After you select college code 555555 in the question above, you must enter the name of the non-U.S. (international) institution in the space provided.
Country of Institution
If you attended a foreign institution, select the country where the institution you attended is located.
Primary Institution
Your primary institution is the college or university where you will earn (or have earned) your first bachelor's degree. If no degree is planned, select the institution where you completed the majority of your undergraduate courses.
Dates of Attendance
Enter the beginning and end dates of attendance, or anticipated end date, regardless of gaps in attendance.
If you earned a degree from the institution, select the appropriate degree from the list. If you did not earn a degree from the institution, select “No Degree”. You should only enter a planned degree if you are certain you will earn it by the end of the summer 2013 term.
Degree Status
Select the status of your first degree for this institution at the time you submit your application to PharmCAS. Select “No Degree Planned”, “Degree Expected”, or “Degree Awarded”. You should only enter a planned degree if you are certain you will earn it by the end of the summer 2013 term.
Date Degree Earned or Anticipated
Enter the date in which you earned or expect to earn your degree. If you will not earn a degree from this institution, leave the field blank. Use format MM/YYYY.
Major for Degree
Enter official major course of study at the institution, if applicable. Select “No Major” if none.
Second Major or Minor for Degree
Enter second official major or minor course of study at the institution, if applicable. For instance, you completed a double major as an undergraduate student. Select “No Major” if none.
Adding a Second Degree
If you earned a second degree from the same institution, select ”Add Degree” next to the name of the school in your Colleges Attended section. For example, if you earned an associate's degree from ABC University and, subsequently, a bachelor's degree from ABC University, you would add the first degree when entering your school, and then click on “Add Degree” next to ABC University to add in your second degree. If you earned a second degree from a DIFFERENT institution, list the degree under the appropriate college code.


PharmCAS will verify that all degrees reported as earned in the Colleges Attended section of the application also appear on the applicant's official transcripts. PharmCAS reserves the right to make edits to the application degree fields in order to correct minor typographical errors; however, it is ultimately the applicant's responsibility to properly enter all degrees on the PharmCAS application. Failure to properly enter your degrees may delay your application in processing or jeopardize your chances for admission.

During the Academic Update, PharmCAS will verify any new degrees earned since the application was initially submitted and verified. PharmCAS will not verify any new degrees earned in the 2013 spring or summer terms.

Pharmacy institutions are instructed not to automatically interpret a PharmCAS-reported "NO" in the degree earned fields to mean that the applicant entered falsified information. PharmCAS and designated pharmacy schools recognize that registrars may not report a degree as earned on a transcript until several weeks after the degree is earned or until the end of the academic year. Pharmacy schools reserve the right to contact the applicant or registrar directly, if they have questions about the status of a degree.


PharmCAS only provides college codes for U.S. institutions recognized by one or more of the following accreditation agencies:

  • Middle States Association of Schools and Colleges (MSA)
  • New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC)
  • North Central Association of Schools and Colleges (NCA)
  • Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges (NWCCU)
  • Southern Association of Schools and Colleges (SACS)
  • Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
  • Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE)
  • Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada (ATS)

Note: If you attended a U.S. institution that is not recognized by one of these agencies, do NOT enter the institution on your PharmCAS application and do NOT submit its transcript to PharmCAS.

If you list courses from a non-regionally accredited institution, PharmCAS will delete them from your application. Contact your designated pharmacy schools directly to determine if you must arrange for transcripts from non-regionally accredited institutions to be sent directly to the pharmacy school.

The Colleges Attended section of the PharmCAS application allows you to print Transcript Request Forms. PharmCAS strongly recommends that you print and advise your registrar's office to attach a Transcript Request Form to your official transcript copy. This form helps PharmCAS properly match your official transcripts to your PharmCAS application. If your current name is different from the name listed on your transcript, you MUST include both your current and former name on the Transcript Request Form.


  1. Login to your PharmCAS application, and select the Colleges Attended folder from the Application Checklist
  2. To the left of each of your Colleges Attended you'll find a link for the Transcript Request Form
  3. Click the icon associated with the institution for which you want to print a Transcript Request Form. This will initiate the download of a PDF file. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and print the File.
  4. Print out and then complete the form and submit it to the Registrar's Office of the institution.
  5. Be sure to advise the Registrar's Office to enclose the Transcript Request Form with your official sealed transcript and mail it directly to the PharmCAS Transcript Processing Center. PharmCAS has difficulties matching official transcripts that are not accompanied by the Transcript Request Form, which can result in a delay in processing your application.
  6. Be sure to print, complete, and mail the Transcript Request Form for each institution you've entered as having attended.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Each of your Transcript Request Forms are unique. Each form has the name of an institution indicated on it. Please be sure to send the correct form to each of your institutions. Transcripts sent without the appropriate Transcript Request form may result in the delay of your application.