PharmCAS Application (General)

Expand All FAQ Questions

Q: Do I need to print out the PharmCAS application if I am submitting it electronically?

A: You should print out a copy of the application for your PERSONAL RECORDS. After this application cycle is closed you will no longer be able to access your application. Do not send printed copies of your application to PharmCAS.

Q: Where can I find out if a pharmacy degree program that I am interested in applying to is participating in the PharmCAS application?

A: The PharmCAS School Directory lists all participating degree programs. You can also access the directory from your application.

Q: How do I change my username and password?

A: To change your user name, log into your PharmCAS application and go to “My Profile” in the upper left corner of your application home screen. Select “Account Information” to change your user name information and click on “Save” when you are finished. To change your password, select “Change Password,” then enter your old and new passwords and click on “Save” when you are finished.

Q: What do I do if I forgot my password?

A: If you forget your password, go to the application sign-in page of the PharmCAS Web site. In the lower left corner, you can enter your e-mail address and submit a password request.

Your username and password will be sent to your e-mail address. The e-mail address must match the one listed on your PharmCAS application.

Q: How can I change my email address?

A: To change your e-mail, log onto your PharmCAS application. Go to “My Profile” in the upper left corner of your application checklist. Select “Account Information” and change your information and click on save when you are finished.

Q: Can I re-edit any section of the application after I have e-submitted my application to PharmCAS?

A: Once you initially submit your application to PharmCAS, you may only change information in the following sections:

  • Your Account Profile (i.e. your Username, Password, Full Legal Name, etc.)
  • Biographic Information (i.e. Alternate/Prior Name, Permanent Mailing Address, Current Mailing Address, etc.)
  • Evaluator contact information (if the reference was not yet received).
  • Program Designations section (Add new designations).

If you make changes to your “Biographic Information” section, PharmCAS will re-send your revised application to your designated pharmacy schools.

You may update your coursework information when PharmCAS initiates the Academic Update period.

Q: How do I update my college courses after I have e-submitted my application to PharmCAS?

A: After you e-submit your application, you may only update your coursework information during the Academic Update window. Please ensure that you have correctly entered your coursework BEFORE you E-Submit your application.

Q: What type of questions should I direct to the admissions office of my designated pharmacy degree programs?

A: Please contact the pharmacy degree program directly for your questions about

  • Supplemental applications and fees
  • Letters of recommendation
  • Course prerequisites
  • Transcript deadlines
  • Admission decisions
  • Competitiveness of degree program’s applicant pool
  • Any past academic performance issues you wish to explain
  • Degree program’s criteria for evaluating applications
  • Interview schedules (if part of admissions process)
  • Submission of foreign transcripts
  • Admission eligibility for non-U.S. citizens
  • Dual-degree programs
  • Financial Aid
  • Tuition and fees
  • Ways to improve your application, if a repeat applicant
  • Criminal Background Checks

Q: Can I apply to additional pharmacy degree programs after I submit my PharmCAS application the first time?

A: Yes. After you submit your application you may add new degree programs to the Program Designations section of your application. You must pay the incremental fee for each additional degree program you select before your request will be processed. You cannot apply to a degree program after its deadline date has passed.

Q: Can I make changes to my personal statement after I e-submit my application?

A: No. You can NOT make any edits to your personal statement after you have e-submitted your completed application to PharmCAS. It is your responsibility to check your personal statement for accuracy, including grammar and content, BEFORE you e-submit. You must contact your designated pharmacy degree programs directly if you want to mail a revised personal statement to the institutions. Pharmacy degree programs may not accept or consider revised statements sent directly from applicants.

Q: Where can I print a Transcript Request Form?

A: To print transcript request forms, you must first enter all required information into the Colleges Attended section of your application.

  1. Login to your PharmCAS application, and select the Colleges Attended link from the Application Checklist
  2. To the left of each College entered you’ll find a link for the Transcript Request Form
  3. Click theTranscript Request Form icon associated with the College for which you want to print a Transcript Request Form. This will initiate the download of a PDF file. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and print the file.
  4. Print out and then complete the form and submit it to the Registrar’s Office of the college.
  5. Be sure to advise the Registrar’s Office to enclose the Transcript Request Form with your official sealed transcript and mail it DIRECTLY to PharmCAS.
  6. Be sure to print, complete, and mail the correct Transcript Request Form for each college you’ve attended.