Do you want to be considered an Early Decision applicant?
Check the box if you want to be considered an Early Decision (ED) applicant. The Early Decision application deadline is September 8th, 2015. In addition to completing the PharmCAS application, you must arrange for PharmCAS to receive all of your transcripts by the September 8th deadline. If your transcripts or application fee arrive after September 8th, your application will be automatically changed over to regular decision. Contact your selected pharmacy degree program directly for information on Early Decision eligibility requirements.
The Early Decision program is a binding option for applicants who have decided that a particular pharmacy degree program is their first choice and they will enroll if accepted. As an Early Decision applicant, you can apply to only one pharmacy degree program. Not all participating pharmacy degree programs offer Early Decision status to applicants.
Admission Status for Early Decision Applicants
You may be offered early admission, denied early admission, or deferred to regular applicant status. If you are offered admission as an Early Decision applicant, you are obligated to accept the offer and you will not be permitted to apply to other PharmCAS degree programs during the current cycle. However, if you are denied admission as an Early Decision applicant, you may apply to other PharmCAS degree programs for an additional fee. Refer to the PharmCAS application fee schedule to determine the cost of applying to each additional degree program. PharmCAS institutions will announce early decisions as soon as possible, and no later than Oct. 23, 2015.
Early Decision PharmCAS Pharm.D. Degree Programs for 2015 Enrollment
- Albany College of Pharmacy – Albany, NY
- Albany College of Pharmacy – Colchester, VT
- Appalachian College of Pharmacy
- Auburn University
- Belmont University
- California Health Sciences University
- California Northstate University
- Campbell University
- Chapman University
- Concordia University Wisconsin
- D’Youville College
- East Tennessee State University
- Ferris State University
- Harding University
- Howard University
- Husson University
- Keck Graduate Institute
- LECOM – Bradenton Campus
- LECOM – Distance Education Pathway
- LECOM – Erie Campus
- Lipscomb University
- Manchester University
- Marshall University
- Mercer University
- Midwestern University – Chicago Campus
- Midwestern University – Glendale Campus
- Northeast Ohio Medical University (NEOMED)
- Northeastern University
- Notre Dame of Maryland University
- Nova Southeastern University
- Oregon State University
- Palm Beach Atlantic University
- Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM)
- Presbyterian College
- Roosevelt University
- Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science
- Roseman University of Health Sciences
- Samford University
- Shenandoah University
- South Carolina College of Pharmacy
- South College (TN)
- South University (GA)
- South University (SC)
- St. John Fisher College
- Sullivan University
- Temple University
- Texas A&M Health Science Center
- Texas Southern University
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
- The Ohio State University
- The University of Hawaii at Hilo
- The University of Louisiana at Monroe
- The University of Tennessee
- The University of Texas at Tyler
- Thomas Jefferson University
- Union University
- University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
- University of Charleston
- University of Cincinnati
- University of Colorado
- University of Florida
- University of Houston
- University of Illinois – Chicago
- University of Kentucky
- University of Maryland
- University of Maryland Eastern Shore
- University of Mississippi
- University of Missouri-Kansas City
- University of New England
- University of Oklahoma
- University of Saint Joseph
- University of South Florida
- University of the Pacific
- University of Washington
- University of Wyoming
- Virginia Commonwealth University
- Washington State University
- Wayne State University
- West Virginia University
- Western New England University
- Western University of Health Sciences
- Wingate University – Hendersonville, NC
- Wingate University – Wingate, NC
Q: What is the Early Decision Program?
A: The early decision program is a binding option for the applicants who have decided that a particular pharmacy degree program is their first choice and they will enroll if accepted. As an Early Decision applicant, you can apply to ONLY one pharmacy degree program. Not all participating degree programs offer Early Decision status to applicants.
Q: When is the Early Decision deadline?
A: The early decision application deadline is September 8th, 2015. In addition to completing the PharmCAS application, YOU MUST ARRANGE FOR PHARMCAS TO RECEIVE ALL OF YOUR MATERIALS BY THE SEPTEMBER 8th DEADLINE. If your application, fee and /or transcripts are received after the early decision deadline, you will be automatically changed to “REGULAR” applicant status. Contact your selected pharmacy program directly for information on Early Decision eligibility requirements. PharmCAS degree programs will announce early decisions as soon as possible, but no later than October 23rd.
Q: If I am accepted as an early decision applicant, do I have to accept the admissions offer?
A: Yes, you are obligated to accept the offer and will not be permitted to apply to other participating degree programs during the current cycle. However, if you are DENIED admission as an early decision applicant, you may apply to other PharmCAS degree programs for an additional fee. If you are DEFERRED to regular applicant status, your application will rollover to that degree program’s regular admission cycle. Deferred applicants may also apply to additional pharmacy degree programs.
Q: If I apply to one degree program for Early Decision, can I also apply to other degree program through PharmCAS?
A: No. If you are applying for Early Decision, you can only apply to one degree program through PharmCAS. If you are NOT accepted to the pharmacy degree program you choose for Early Decision however, you subsequently can apply to other degree programs through PharmCAS.