Foreign Transcripts

Helpful Hints:
  • If you attended a Non-US Institution, check to see what documentation your degree programs require. PharmCAS participating degree programs have selected one of the following three procedures for sending foreign coursework documentation:
    • Foreign Transcript Evaluation sent to PharmCAS
    • Original Foreign Transcript sent directly to the degree program
    • No foreign coursework documentation accepted. If you have completed your course prerequisites at a foreign institution, you may be ineligible for admission to these particular pharmacy degree programs.
  • PharmCAS will not check to be sure that you have sent the correct documentation for your designated degree programs.
  • All Canadian schools are considered foreign.

NOTE: DO NOT SEND YOUR ORIGINAL FOREIGN TRANSCRIPT(S) TO PHARMCAS. These documents will NOT be posted to your application and cannot be returned to you.

Have all Foreign Transcript Evaluations mailed to PharmCAS at:

PO BOX 9109
Watertown, MA 02471


World Education Services, Inc
Bowling Green Station
P.O. Box 5087
New York, NY 10274-5087
(212) 966-6311

Josef Silny & Associates, Inc.
International Education Consultants
7101 SW 102 Avenue
Miami, FL 33173
Ph: (305) 273–1616
Fax: (305) 273–1338
Translation Fax: (305) 273–1984

Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc
P.O. Box 514070
Milwaukee, WI 53203-3470
(414) 289-3400

International Education Research Foundation, Inc
P.O. Box 3665
Culver City, CA 90231-3665
(310) 258-9451

Educational Perspectives
P.O. Box 618056
Chicago, IL 60661-8056
(312) 421-9300

* PharmCAS does not endorse any particular transcript evaluation service.

Expand All FAQ Questions

Q: Do I list my foreign coursework in the College Coursework section?

A: No, You DO NOT list any foreign coursework in that section. You will only list coursework from U.S. colleges, including Study Abroad.

Q: Do I list foreign institutions in the Colleges Attended section of my application?

A: Yes, if you have attended a non-U.S. institution, then you MUST list the option for “555555 – Non-US (Foreign) Institution” in your list of colleges attended on your web application. Do not list foreign courses.

ALL Canadian colleges and universities are treated as foreign institutions. You must include the information in the Colleges Attended section of your application; you will not list the itemized courses in the Coursework section. Depending on the individual school requirements, you will either send PharmCAS an evaluation of the coursework taken at a Canadian school, send the official Canadian transcript directly to the pharmacy school(s), or both. Be sure to review the School Pages found at for more school-specific information.

Q: Where do I send my foreign transcripts?

A: You MUST read each pharmacy degree program’s instructions before submitting documentation of foreign coursework. These instructions can be found on the individual School Pages that are a part of the School Directory. Pharmacy degree program policies vary. (Policies do not refer to Study Abroad as defined by PharmCAS).

The majority of PharmCAS degree programs require applicants to submit official foreign transcripts to an approved foreign transcript evaluation service for a course-by-course report. Arrange for Foreign Course Evaluation Reports to be sent directly to PharmCAS. Contact a foreign transcript evaluation service as early as possible. The services may take several weeks to process your foreign transcript, once it is received.

Some pharmacy degree programs require you to send all foreign transcripts directly to the institution. Some pharmacy degree programs do not review or accept foreign coursework or Foreign Course Evaluation Reports. If you have attended a foreign institution, you may be ineligible for admission to those particular pharmacy degree programs.

Q: Several of my designated degree programs require two different foreign evaluation services. Can I send my foreign transcripts to just one of the services on the list?

A: PharmCAS will not verify that you have used the correct service for a particular pharmacy degree program. You may contact the degree program directly to determine if they will accept a Foreign Course Evaluation Report from a service other than the one listed in their admission requirements. If they do not, you must arrange for your foreign transcripts to be sent to each of the services required by your designated pharmacy degree programs.

Q: I have taken courses outside of the U.S. as part of study abroad. Do I list it in the coursework section and the college attended section?

A: NO. List only the U.S college that gave you itemized course credit for your Study Abroad. PharmCAS will process Study Abroad coursework in the same manner as domestic Coursework. However, if the U.S. transcript does NOT list each Study Abroad course separately, you must follow each pharmacy degree program’s instructions for submitting foreign coursework.

Q: My degree program does not require a foreign course evaluation. What do I do?

A: If your designated degree program does not require a foreign course evaluation, you do not need to send one to PharmCAS.

Q: Will PharmCAS send my foreign course evaluation to my designated schools?

A: Yes, PharmCAS will send your course evaluation to your schools that you have designated.